Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by amelaao <am...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/04 15:58:30 UTC

Is there a problem with proxy server settings and SOAP/XML-RPC sampler - getting Exceptions with version 2.2

I am using SOAP/XML-RPC Request to test a  Webservices which is behind the
firewall. I'm providing arguments for the proxy server from the command
line. I've been doing this before with 2.1 version and it  worked fine. Now
I'm using jmeter 2.2 and I"m getting following exceptions.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Host may not be null
 at org.apache.commons.httpclient.NTCredentials.<init>(NTCredentials.java
:83)
 at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2.setupConnection(
HTTPSampler2.java:274)
 at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.SoapSampler.sample(
SoapSampler.java:219)
 at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(
HTTPSamplerBase.java:658)
 at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(
HTTPSamplerBase.java:647)
 at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

My script looks like
TestPlan
 |____ThreadGroup
         |_____HttpCookie Manager
         |_____SOAP/XML-RPC Request

If I try the same script with jmeter 2.1 it works fine.
I start jmeter from the command line:
jmeter -H hostname -P 80 -u user -a pwd

I'm testing a production issue, so I'd really appreicate if someone can
reply....

Thanks,
Amela

Re: [Newbie] Is there a problem with proxy server settings and SOAP/XML-RPC sampler - getting Exceptions with version 2.2

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14/03/07, amelaao <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just downloaded r51786. I still can't get it to work:
> Log file now shows:
>
> 2007/03/14 12:54:43 INFO  -
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor: ntlm
> authentication scheme selected
> 2007/03/14 12:54:44 INFO  - org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector:
> Failure authenticating with NTLM <any realm>@...:80
>
> Am I not doing something right?

Obviously ;-)

At least it has got further.

Have you set up the appropriate domain using the http.proxyDomain property?

The other possibility is the localhost, which is set from
httpclient.localaddress or the local ip address. The setting will be
logged in jmeter.log.

S.

Posted by amelaao <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:02:58 GMT

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by amelaao <am...@gmail.com>.

Re: Is there a problem with proxy server settings and SOAP/XML-RPC sampler - getting Exceptions with version 2.2

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, no.

Posted by amelaao <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.