Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Gurpreet Singh <gu...@mistsys.com> on 2017/05/10 22:56:44 UTC

Question Regarding Multiple Advertising Instances (BLE_MULTI_ADV_SUPPORT)

Hi,

I've been playing around with MyNewt and Nimble on the nRF52dk board, and
noticed the recently added support for multiple advertising instances
(MYNEWT-508). (BLE_MULTI_ADV_SUPPORT)

I want to use this to set up interleaved Eddystone and iBeacon
advertisements, but it doesnt look like those APIs support this quite yet?
Or perhaps, I'm missing something?

I'd appreciate any insight, or thoughts.

Thanks in advance
GPS

Re: Question Regarding Multiple Advertising Instances (BLE_MULTI_ADV_SUPPORT)

Posted by Szymon Janc <sz...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi,

On Thursday, 11 May 2017 01:26:41 CEST will sanfilippo wrote:
> I would say the bluetooth5 branch is fairly stable but I am not in the best
> postiion to comment on it. Furthermore, I am not sure if the
> multi-advertising support has been fully added to that branch. If it has
> been added I would go ahead and use it as it should be fairly stable.

Extended Advertising is not yet added to bluetooth5 branch. I'll send email to
mailing list when this is ready (note that Extended Advertising is more than
just multiple instances support).

--
pozdrawiam
Szymon Janc

Re: Question Regarding Multiple Advertising Instances (BLE_MULTI_ADV_SUPPORT)

Posted by Jacob Rosenthal <ja...@gmail.com>.
@gurpreet this exact use case was on my list to investigate with nimble.
Please do update on your experience! :)

Posted by Gurpreet Singh <gu...@mistsys.com>.
Hi Will,

I did a quick check but did not see support in the bluetooth5 branch.

I'll work on expanding support in 4.2 for now. You're right, I'm not
planning to do any connected advertising at all, I just want to see how the
chip performs when trying to advertise both eddystone and iBeacon
interleaved with each other.

If I get stuck, I'll be sure to reach out.

Thanks!
Gurpreet

Posted by will sanfilippo <wi...@runtime.io>.

Posted by Gurpreet Singh <gu...@mistsys.com>.