Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Tim Jones <ti...@mccarthy.co.nz> on 2013/07/05 04:20:02 UTC

Enrich a message using Spring remoting and a Spring service

Hi,

I would like advice on how to intercept and enrich a message where the
client is implemented using Spring remoting and the server implemented with
a Spring service.

For example the client configured as

    <bean id="someService"
class="org.apache.camel.spring.remoting.CamelProxyFactoryBean">
        <property name="serviceUrl" value="jms:someService"/>
        <property name="serviceInterface" value="x.y.z.SomeService"/>
    </bean>

and the server configured as

        <camel:route>
            <camel:from uri="jms:someService"/>
            <camel:to uri="bean:someServiceImpl"/>
        </camel:route>

I would like to be able to pass for example a username along with each call
to someService and intercept the call on the server to extract the username.

I can see that the server's messages could be intercepted using something
like the method explained in
http://camel.apache.org/advanced-configuration-of-camelcontext-using-spring.html
ie. a ContainerWideInterceptor implementing InterceptStrategy

But how can I enrich/intercept the client message so I can set 'something'
to the username which can latter be interrogated on the server?

I will explain the requirement in case someone has a better approach. We
have Swing clients connecting to an OSGI (Felix-Karaf) container. We want to
audit changes to data within the database using triggers and so need to be
able to pass the user from the client -> server -> db. Many databases have
some ability to set the client details upon making a connection e.g.
Connection.setClientInfo(). I was hoping to set up something analogous to
this between the client and server.

Thanks,

Tim