Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Maksimenko Alexander <ma...@bird.cris.net> on 2004/08/10 10:00:17 UTC

Hi!
In our project we don't delete objects. Instead it we mark them as
'deleted' and show user only not marked objects. To prevent showing
marked objects I use query customizer. This works fine. But using it
cause some problems with addition new objects:

Lets we have a person which is associated (m:n) with a project(id=1)(the
person has projects collection property).
Then we mark as 'deleted' the project(id=1).
Then we fetch a person (query customizer removes all marked objects so
there are no projects which are associated with this person)
Then we associate another project(id=2) with  the person and do update.
In result of this OJB deletes association of the project(id=1) with the
person because it doesn't find it in the projects collection and decides
that it's deleted.

So how should I handle mark as deleted scenario?

--
Maksimenko Alexander
Softwarium, www.softwarium.net