Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Till Gartner <ti...@gmx.net> on 2001/08/12 15:04:51 UTC

Newbie Problems with SocketAppender

Hi there,

I tried to set up a logging server together with a logging client. The
client uses a SocketAppender, the server runs a SocketNode.

They seem to see each other and connect, but I don't get the SocketNode to
log anything on the server. I don't really understand which Hierarchy I
should use when creating the SocketNode. Here is how I tried it:

----- code in my looging server ---------------
Category LOG = Category.getRoot();
serverSocket = new ServerSocket (PORT);
socket = new Socket (InetAddress.getLocalHost(), PORT);
socketNode = new SocketNode (socket, LOG.getDefaultHierarchy());
socketNode.run();

As I read that some of you obviously manged to use the SocketAppender can
somebody help? Is there a help file I oversaw? All I found is the
documentation that comes along with Log4J. I went through the introductory
manual and the JavaDoc stuff but didn't find any example. Do you think there
is a need for writing such a document?

Any help is welcome!

Regards,
-- Till.

Still Newbie Problems with SocketAppender

Posted by Till Gartner <ti...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

I still couln't manage to make my logging server work. Is there nobody with
a hint for me?

Thanx in advance,
-- Till.