Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2019/09/16 16:15:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.26

The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.26 release is now available for voting.

The major changes compared to the 9.0.24 release are:

- Update to Commons Daemon 1.2.1 to pick up fixes for regressions in
  Commons Daemon 1.2.0, most notably a failure to start when using
  a 32-bit JVM on Windows.

- Avoid an NPE when accessing an https port using http.

- Correct the invalid automatic module names for the embedded JARs.

- Fix a potential hang when using HTTP/2 with the asynchronous Servlet
  API.

Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.

For full details, see the changelog:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat9/docs/changelog.html

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.26/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1230/
The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/9.0.26

The proposed 9.0.26 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.26

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.26

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.26

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
The following votes were cast:

Binding:
+1: ebourg, isapir, remm, fschumacher, markt

No other votes were cast.

The vote therefore passes.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.26

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 16.09.19 um 18:15 schrieb Mark Thomas:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.26 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.24 release are:
>
> - Update to Commons Daemon 1.2.1 to pick up fixes for regressions in
>   Commons Daemon 1.2.0, most notably a failure to start when using
>   a 32-bit JVM on Windows.
>
> - Avoid an NPE when accessing an https port using http.
>
> - Correct the invalid automatic module names for the embedded JARs.
>
> - Fix a potential hang when using HTTP/2 with the asynchronous Servlet
>   API.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat9/docs/changelog.html
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.26/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1230/
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/9.0.26
>

> The proposed 9.0.26 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [x] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.26

Felix

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.26

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Le 16/09/2019 à 18:15, Mark Thomas a écrit :

> The proposed 9.0.26 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.26

Tested on Debian with OpenJDK 11.0.5+6, OpenSSL 1.1.1d and Tomcat Native
1.2.23. No failure on the 3 test suites.

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.26

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 16/09/2019 17:15, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed 9.0.26 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.26

Unit tests pass on Linux, MacOS and Windows with Tomcat Native 1.2.23
for NIO, NIO2 and APR.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.26

Posted by Igal Sapir <is...@apache.org>.
Mark,

On 9/17/2019 1:56 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 17/09/2019 19:46, Igal Sapir wrote:
>> On 9/16/2019 9:15 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.26 release is now available for voting.
>>>
>>> <snip/>
>>>
>>> [1] Testsuite: org.apache.catalina.core.TestAsyncContextImpl
>>> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec
>>>
>>> Testcase: testBug50753 took 0.004 sec
>>> 	Caused an ERROR
>>> Forked Java VM exited abnormally. Please note the time in the report does not reflect the time until the VM exit.
>>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Forked Java VM exited abnormally. Please note the time in the report does not reflect the time until the VM exit.
>>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
> That usually indicates an APR/native crash during Windows shutdown. It
> means we have a (possibly timing related) bug in the APR/native code we
> still haven't tracked down. That they aren't easy to reproduce makes
> fixing bugs like this tricky.

In my user's home directory I have a build.properties file pointing to
an older native lib:

test.apr.loc=E:/Downloads/tomcat-native-1.2.21-openssl-1.1.1a-win32-bin/bin/x64

I will try to test again with the current version (1.2.23) in the coming
days.

Thanks,

Igal

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.26