Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by stockii <st...@shopgate.com> on 2010/06/30 13:27:19 UTC

ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException heeeeeelp !?!?!?!!?! Sorting

Hello.

I get an "SEVERE: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException" and i dont know
the reason for this.

I have 4 cores. and every core is running but. for few minutes i get these
bad exception in one core. its absolutlety not acceptable ...

 When i search with this:
.../?
omitHeader=false&fl=id&sort=score+desc,+popularity+desc&start=0&q="fuck"&json.nl=map&qt=standard&wt=json&rows=16&version=1.2

I get the execption, but not when i search without &sort- parameter i get no
exception. ?!?!?!

SEVERE: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 30988
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.FieldCacheImpl$StringIndexCache.createValue(FieldCacheImpl.java:713)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.FieldCacheImpl$Cache.get(FieldCacheImpl.java:208)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.FieldCacheImpl.getStringIndex(FieldCacheImpl.java:676)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.FieldComparator$StringOrdValComparator.setNextReader(FieldComparator.java:667)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.TopFieldCollector$MultiComparatorNonScoringCollector.setNextReader(TopFieldCollector.java:435)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:253)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:171)
        at
org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListNC(SolrIndexSearcher.java:988)
        at
org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListC(SolrIndexSearcher.java:884)
        at
org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.search(SolrIndexSearcher.java:341)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.process(QueryComponent.java:182)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:195)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:131)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1316)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:338)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:241)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException heeeeeelp !?!?!?!!?! Sorting

Posted by stockii <st...@shopgate.com>.
it makes no sense.

i can on my playground-core sort for popularity, but not on my live-core.
both cores, have the same configuration ...

the problem occurs after use facet-search. thats maybe an reason ?
or too many data ?
to low server ?

any idea

Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException heeeeeelp !?!?!?!!?! Sorting

Posted by stockii <st...@shopgate.com>.
hey.

of course i mean "sint", from the default/example SchemaXML.

after few days sort for popularity works well again ... ?!
i found a value of -1252810 in my popularity field... i think this was the
problem. but i dont know how can the field become this value.

Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException heeeeeelp !?!?!?!!?! Sorting

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: aha. the type is "sint"
:
: do i need to use "string" ore which field did not use any tokenizer ? ^^
: i thought sint is untokenized...

You have to be explicit about what you mean -- if by sint you are refering
to something like this from the Solr 1.4 example schema...

    <fieldType name="sint" class="solr.SortableIntField" sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true"/>

...then you are correct, it is not tokenized -- but we aren't mind
readers, we have no idea if you've modified your schema.xml to change what
"sint" is.  We also have no idea if your popularity field is multivalued
-- as Koji said, if it's multivalued that may also explain this behavior.

as for getting this error in one instance of Solr and not in another --
it's going to be data specific so that's not suprising.

-Hoss

Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException heeeeeelp !?!?!?!!?! Sorting

Posted by stockii <st...@shopgate.com>.
aha. the type is "sint"

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
(10/06/30 20:27), stockii wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I get an "SEVERE: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException" and i dont know
> the reason for this.
>
> I have 4 cores. and every core is running but. for few minutes i get these
> bad exception in one core. its absolutlety not acceptable ...
>
>   When i search with this:
> .../?
> omitHeader=false&fl=id&sort=score+desc,+popularity+desc&start=0&q="fuck"&json.nl=map&qt=standard&wt=json&rows=16&version=1.2
>
> I get the execption, but not when i search without&sort- parameter i get no
> exception. ?!?!?!
>

> SEVERE: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 30988
>          at
> org.apache.lucene.search.FieldCacheImpl$StringIndexCache.createValue(FieldCacheImpl.java:713)

If popularity field is multiValued and/or tokenized,
sorting on such field throws AIOOBE in Solr 1.4.1.
(Sort works correctly on untokenized/single-valued field)

Koji

--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/

Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException heeeeeelp !?!?!?!!?! Sorting

Posted by stockii <st...@shopgate.com>.
I get only this exception when i sort on my popularity field. WHY ???

...&sort=score desc, popularity desc --> BAD
...&sort=score desc --> All fine.

thats not good =(