Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/23 04:15:00 UTC

Commons NoSQL

Any thoughts on creating a JDBC for NoSQL? Including modules for MongoDb
and CouchDb for example. Over at Log4j 2, we have a mini logging oriented
framework for NoSQL. The upshot would be to replace Log4j's NoSQL support
with Commons NoSQL.

Gary

Re: Commons NoSQL

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Nov 2015, Gary Gregory wrote:
>
>> Any thoughts on creating a JDBC for NoSQL? Including modules for MongoDb
>> and CouchDb for example.
>>

> Isn't that what Apache Gora already provides?

Thank you for the pointer, I need to dig into that...

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Commons NoSQL

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.

Re: Commons NoSQL

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
OGM could work for log4j since we have known objects to marshall. I'll have
to study it and see if there is underlying API as generally usefull as JDBC.

Gary

Re: Commons NoSQL

Posted by Yair Zaslavsky <ya...@gmail.com>.