Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com> on 2013/11/11 17:50:56 UTC

Secondary Storage - migrating from NFS to S3 for

Hello guys,

What is the best way to migrate from NFS secondary storage to S3 (ceph) secondary storage?

I understand that I can't simply add S3 and wait for it to populate with snapshots and templates and after that remove the NFS storage. ACS doesn't allow me to add S3 if I already have NFS.

Should I delete the NFS storage and add S3? Would this work? I don't really care about the templates and snapshots as I don't have that many and I can manually create them. I am more worried about systemvm and virtual routers being able to get created and started.

Thanks

Andrei

Re: Secondary Storage - migrating from NFS to S3 for

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
Hi Andrei,

	This support is added in CloudStack 4.2.1, not released yet. See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Migration+of+NFS+Sec
ondary+Storage+to+Object+Store for details.

	Thanks
	-min