Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Brian Reilly <br...@ireilly.com> on 2010/06/17 17:41:21 UTC

Running demos on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Greetings,

I've searched for an answer to this, but haven't found any solutions. It
seems like the demos at pivot.apache.org require Java 6. However, on Mac OS
X 10.5 (Leopard), the only Java 6 is 64-bit, so the plugin won't launch in a
32-bit browser (which they all seem to want to run in for plugin
compatibility). Is there a way to get around this to view the demos? I'm
finding it doesn't make a good impression to suggest taking a look at Pivot
and for the demos to not work. Thanks.

-Brian

Re: Running demos on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Maybe this is helpful?

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_win64bit.xml

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
I don't have access to a Windows 7 install, so I don't really know. Do all applets fail to launch, or just Pivot applications?

Posted by aappddeevv <aa...@verizon.net>.
Thanks for the insight. I did not realize that order was so important.

The local tomcat did allow me to start the pages. I had the STS version from
spring installed. Hit the start button on the server instance after dropping
the wars into the webapp.

However, it looks like the java install order is my fundamental problem.
I'll start reinstalling and see if I have the same success. I believe that
the 32 bit jre installed after the 64 bit jre.

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

seems like the demos at pivot.apache.org <http://pivot.apache.org/>  require

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.