Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/12/28 09:30:44 UTC

480 dpi checkbox skin issue?

Hi,

I've just fixed this issue for 480 and 640 dpi skins (feedback welcome), but I noticed it look like the 480dpi skins are the some as the 640dpi ones. Was this something done on purpose or have they been checked into the wrong place?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: 480 dpi checkbox skin issue?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Fixed and checked in - mind double checking for me (when you can)? I changed then to be 1.5x the 320 dpi skins and also changed RadioButton as well.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I am not in front of a computer now, but if I remember correct, 480 was 240
> times 2 and 640 was 320 times 2.
Looks like both are based on the 320. I'll fix.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 28, 2013 12:13 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Luckily, reusing existing FXGs and letting them scale up or down works
for us.
> Both the 480 dpi and 640 dpi checkbox skins have a scale factor of 2.0, I
would of expected the 480 to be 1.5 and the 460 to be 2.0 if they are based
on the 320 dpi skins.

I am not in front of a computer now, but if I remember correct, 480 was 240
times 2 and 640 was 320 times 2.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 28, 2013 12:31 AM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just fixed this issue for 480 and 640 dpi skins (feedback welcome),
but I noticed it look like the 480dpi skins are the some as the 640dpi
ones. Was this something done on purpose or have they been checked into the
wrong place?

> Thanks,
> Justin

I remember sending a note about this.  There are some skins that did not
require a change in the FXGs they used.  Without the original .ai files
from which the FXGs wrote created, it is very hard to create the correct
ones for a given DPI.  Luckily, reusing existing FXGs and letting them
scale up or down works for us.

Again, if you have time, perhaps you could sort them out in a better way.

Thanks,
Om