Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2007/02/22 02:05:36 UTC

Re: Could not find component for role (reloaded)

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 Olivier Wehner wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i just run into a problem that is similar to the one mentioned in the
> faqs at http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/faq.html#older-plugins.
>
> Whenever i call "forrest run" or "forrest" in FORREST_HOME/site-author i
> will get errors that condense to:
>
> Could not find component for role:
> [org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm]
> (Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm')
>
> A well known problem you might say, but i followed the instructions
> given in
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/forrest-user/200511.mbox/%3c20051112071951.GA8762@igg.indexgeo.com.au%3e
>
> I even recreated the forrest installation three times, making sure not
> to use symlinks and eventually added the "-0.1" version specifier in all
> forrest.properties files i could find. Still i neither get the dynamic
> nor the generated documentation.
>
> Note that after the "clean" build described in the mail above, the
> forrest.properties in the plugin directories will contain
> "org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo" (without version
> speciefier), even though i adapted
> FORREST_HOME/plugins/pluginTemplate/forrest.properties
>
> Most probably i forgot the obvious thing to do; in this case forgive my
> ignorance.

Why are you editing that file? As the directory names imply
that is just a template for creating new plugins.

You need to edit the forrest.properties in your own site's space.
e.g.
mkdir new-directory
cd new-diectory
forrest seed
edit forrest.properties

Above you seem to imply that you are having troubles
with the 0.7 release's Forrest documentation. In this case
you need to edit your $FORREST_HOME/site-author/forrest.properties

-David