Posted to jdo-user@db.apache.org by Christiaan des Bouvrie <c....@CostEngineering.eu> on 2007/05/01 15:39:24 UTC

refresh()

Hi,

I frequently encounter the situation in which I need the latest data
from the datastore, for instance to avoid optimistic verification
exceptions. According to the spec I would say that
PersistenceManager.refresh() is the right job for this "Refresh the
state of the instance from the data store." However, the JDO
implementation I use has a Level 2 datastore cache and I noticed that
the refresh() not refreshes() the data from the datastore but from the
datastore cache. I've discussed this with them and their argument is
that the datacache is being treated as the datastore. Is this according
to the spec?

Kind regards,

Christiaan