Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/17 05:04:23 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Struggle with Named Virtual Host - The Second Named Virtual HostAlways Returns 404 File Not Found Error

Post the relevant section of the config please so we can help you if you are
missing something.

Igor

Posted by "Wang, Mary Y" <ma...@boeing.com>.
Thanks for the help.  I still have the same 404 File Not Found Error after updating the ServerName for both virtual hosts.
I also updated the names of the log files and they didn't provide additional hints of what the problem is.

Mary

Posted by "Wang, Mary Y" <ma...@boeing.com>.
Could any kind of Directory directive would cause this kind of behavior?
Mary

________________________________
Posted by "Wang, Mary Y" <ma...@boeing.com>.
Cathy.

I'm running httpd-2.0.46

Mary

________________________________

Posted by "Wang, Mary Y" <ma...@boeing.com>.
Cathy,

It's RHEL 3.9.

Mary

________________________________
> [...]

> does exist in that directory.  When I put this "DocumentRoot
> /home/project/tsim/htdocs" for devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com>, it returned the
> index.html with no problem at all.  That was why made the conclusion, my
> virtual host containers configuration only works for the 1st virtual
> host container (the default host).
>
> Both devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com> and download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com>
> have been registered as a DNS (download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com> is
> registered as an alias to devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com>).
>
> Here is the returned status form apachectl -S:
>
> apachectl -S
> /usr/sbin/apachectl: line 33: LD_ASSUME_KERNEL: command not found

Tapas

Posted by "Smith, Cathy" <ca...@pnl.gov>.
Mary

> [...]

> does exist in that directory.  When I put this "DocumentRoot
> /home/project/tsim/htdocs" for devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com>, it returned the
> index.html with no problem at all.  That was why made the conclusion, my
> virtual host containers configuration only works for the 1st virtual
> host container (the default host).
>
> Both devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com> and download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com>
> have been registered as a DNS (download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com> is
> registered as an alias to devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com>).
>
> Here is the returned status form apachectl -S:
>
> apachectl -S
> /usr/sbin/apachectl: line 33: LD_ASSUME_KERNEL: command not found

Tapas

Posted by "Wang, Mary Y" <ma...@boeing.com>.
> [...]

> does exist in that directory.  When I put this "DocumentRoot
> /home/project/tsim/htdocs" for devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com>, it returned the
> index.html with no problem at all.  That was why made the conclusion, my
> virtual host containers configuration only works for the 1st virtual
> host container (the default host).
>
> Both devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com> and download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com>
> have been registered as a DNS (download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com> is
> registered as an alias to devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com<http://devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com>).
>
> Here is the returned status form apachectl -S:
>
> apachectl -S
> /usr/sbin/apachectl: line 33: LD_ASSUME_KERNEL: command not found

Tapas

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tapas Mishra <mi...@gmail.com>.
> NameVirtualHost 134.51.151.114:80
> <VirtualHost 134.51.151.114:80>
> ServerName devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com:80
ServerName is where apache2 listens to so do not add :80
It will respond to this ServerName when a request comes on 134.51.151.114 for
devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com
Otherwise you access the site as debrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com:80
> DocumentRoot /usr/brass/www
> ServerAdmin mary.y.wang@boeing.com
> ErrorLog logs/error_log
You can have some more meaningful name devbrass2_error_log (This is
not related to your problem)
> CustomLog logs/access_log combined
Here also devbrass2_access_log
> LogLevel debug
> </VirtualHost>
> <VirtualHost 134.51.151.114:80>
> ServerName download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com:80
Similarly here.
> DocumentRoot /home/project/tsim/htdocs
> ServerAdmin mary.y.wang@boeing.com
> ErrorLog logs/error_log
Similarly download-devbrass2_error_log
> CustomLog logs/access_log combined
Here also download-devbrass2_access_log
> LogLevel debug
> </VirtualHost>
>
> When I try to access download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com, I got this
> error  "Not Found
>
> The requested URL / was not found on this server.

> Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an
> ErrorDocument to handle the request" . /home/project/tsim/htdocs/index.html
> does exist in that directory.  When I put this "DocumentRoot
> /home/project/tsim/htdocs" for devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com, it returned the
> index.html with no problem at all.  That was why made the conclusion, my
> virtual host containers configuration only works for the 1st virtual
> host container (the default host).
>
> Both devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com and download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com
> have been registered as a DNS (download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com is
> registered as an alias to devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com).
>
> Here is the returned status form apachectl -S:
>
> apachectl -S
> /usr/sbin/apachectl: line 33: LD_ASSUME_KERNEL: command not found
> VirtualHost configuration:
> 134.51.151.114:80      is a NameVirtualHost
>          default server devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com
> (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:272)
>          port 80 namevhost devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com
> (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:272)
>          port 80 namevhost download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com
> (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:285)
> Syntax OK
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mary
>
> ________________________________

Tapas

Posted by "Wang, Mary Y" <ma...@boeing.com>.
Here is the relevant section:

[...]

Both devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com and download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com have been registered as a DNS (download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com is registered as an alias to devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com).

Here is the returned status form apachectl -S:

apachectl -S
/usr/sbin/apachectl: line 33: LD_ASSUME_KERNEL: command not found
VirtualHost configuration:
134.51.151.114:80      is a NameVirtualHost
         default server devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:272)
         port 80 namevhost devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:272)