Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Gilad Denneboom <gi...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/14 12:35:41 UTC

PDAnnotationLink visibility issues

Hi all,

Just wanted to report something I stumbled upon today that was causing me a
lot of confusion and headaches when working with Link objects.
I was trying to find the equivalent to the "link type" property that
Acrobat uses (ie, Visible Rectangle or Invisible Rectangle).
Looking at the PDAnnotationLink object I saw two very similar-sounding
methods, isInvisible and isHidden (both inherited from PDAnntation), but it
turns out that neither of them corresponds with this property.
So I did some further research into the border cos object and found that
the actual property used by Acrobat is the Border Width (0 = Invisible, 1 =
Thin, 2 = Medium, 3 = Thick).
Might be a good idea to add this information somewhere in the API
Reference...

Gilad

Re: PDAnnotationLink visibility issues

Posted by Gilad Denneboom <gi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Maruan and Tilman!

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Posted by Gilad Denneboom <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Posted by Gilad Denneboom <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
done

Posted by Gilad Denneboom <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Posted by Gilad Denneboom <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Grosso <ga...@oberontech.com>.
I think this is related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-3929 reported on my behalf.

That is, Adobe Reader only recognizes integer values, and their UI calls them thin, medium, thick.

I forget what happens if you try 4 or more.

Gary

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.