Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com> on 2003/01/23 06:47:40 UTC

Is it possible to use JDBCVirtualUserTable to /dev/null mail?

Hi Noel et al,

Is there currently a way to describe that mail to an alias should just go
into the bit bucket? If figure if there isn't a specific way, I can just add
a mailet that matches a specific address which will send something to
/dev/null and then just make my alias point at that address, but I was
wondering if there is a self contained way to do that with
JDBCVirtualUserTable.

Kenny Smith
JournalScape.com

RE: Is it possible to use JDBCVirtualUserTable to /dev/null mail?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Kenny,

Not yet.  We could add something to the mapping table to tell us to ghost
the message.  One quick solution that would handle several other issues is
to map to well-defined addresses that we later trap with another matcher.
That would allow us to bitbucket, reject, or perform some other type of
operation based upon the alias value, which gets us closer to sendmail's
virtual user table functionality.

	--- Noel