Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Leandro Coutinho <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/09 23:28:32 UTC

bug Hello World tutorial. Integration with JUnit

http://ant.apache.org/manual/tutorial-HelloWorldWithAnt.html

Here is my workaround:
http://www.coderanch.com/t/555213/tools/Ant-BUILD-FAILED-Reference-application

Re: bug Hello World tutorial. Integration with JUnit

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-10-10, Leandro Coutinho wrote:

> I don't understand why you can't update there.

The website shows the documentation that shipped with the latest
release.  Actually, I'm not sure this is a conscious choice.  Maybe
nobody has questioned this policy lately.

> So does the (bug) tutorial run fine with Ant latest version?  I'm
> running Ant version 1.8.0

No, it doesn't.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were more bugs in some
of the more tutorial-like parts of the manual.  Those have been written
years ago and hardly get revisited if things change within Ant.

The tutorial as visible on the website should work with Ant 1.7.x but
spit out deprecation warnings.  It has been written pre-1.6.

Stefan

Re: bug Hello World tutorial. Integration with JUnit

Posted by Leandro Coutinho <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan. Thanks for your reply.
I tell what the problem was. It's explained in the second link.
Sorry for not be too verbose.
I don't understand why you can't update there. So does the (bug) tutorial

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.