Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Adam Hoover <ad...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/10 21:07:44 UTC

Dojo 0.9 or Dojo 1.0

Is there any plan to upgrade J2 to Dojo 0.9 or 1.0 (when released) in the
near future?

There are some new key features I would like to leverage from Dijit and my
past experience with Dojo is you can only have one instance loaded (unless
running an instance within iFrames).  I would think if I changed the version
of Dojo I would break the Desktop.

RE: Dojo 0.9 or Dojo 1.0

Posted by "Weaver, Scott" <we...@ugs.com>.
Well, 2.2 is going to be a fairly significant overhaul.  Here are some
of the things that we are bandying about:

- Move to JPA for persistence.
- Java 5 (generics, annotations, etc)
- Full Maven build (I think Ate has this pretty much complete)
- Refactor the layout/themeing system.
- Rewrite all admin portlets using Wicket
- Clean up the source, possibly moving certain pieces into sub-projects
- Refactor the portlet preferences; probably dropping the Java
preferences API (it has caused us more problems than it is worth)

These are just some of the things I have heard/read both in passing
emails and in talking to David.  This is far from a definitive list and
I am sure there are things that I am unaware of since I just jumped back
into the fold after a long hiatus from working on Jetspeed.

As you can see there is quite a bit that will be going into the next
release, so I would say that end of this month is not going to happen.

Regards,
-scott

Re: Dojo 0.9 or Dojo 1.0

RE: Dojo 0.9 or Dojo 1.0

Posted by Steve Milek <st...@bluesunrise.com>.
We are wrapping up work on Jetspeed 2.1.3. In this version, there is a
significant reduction in the desktop's dependencies on dojo. This should
simplify the work required to move to dojo 0.9+. I would expect this work to
be done for the Jetspeed 2.2 release.

Steve