Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Stusynski, Dan" <ds...@ptc.com> on 2008/01/22 22:02:50 UTC

isapi_redirector.vbs Tomcat Connector IIS 7 Compatibility

Greetings,

I searched around and couldn't find anything related so I thought I'd
pose the question.

I am curious if there will be any movement, or if there already has
been, to update the isapi_redirector.vbs IIS ISAPI configuration script
for IIS 7.0 compatibility? As it stands, 1.2.26's version requires the
enabling of the optional IIS7 role service "IIS 6 Metabase
Compatiblilty" to work. After enabling this service the script executes
and maps everything as it should.

One could certainly merely disable the IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility
after the scripts execution since everything has been configured and
internally mapped to IIS 7 configuration.

However, an IIS 7.0 compatible configuration script without the need to
enable optional modules and reboot the server would seem ideal.

My apologies if this has been brought up/addressed previously.

Dan Stusynski

Re: isapi_redirector.vbs Tomcat Connector IIS 7 Compatibility

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Stusynski, Dan wrote:

> However, an IIS 7.0 compatible configuration script without the need to
> enable optional modules and reboot the server would seem ideal.

I'll attend the Microsoft server 2008 compatibility lab
organized by Microsoft for ASF at the end of the February.
Guys that wrote that thing will be at our disposal
for Q&A, and one of the things will definitely be the
better IIS integration.

Regards,
Mladen