Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Zhang, Cui Qin (Cui Qin)" <cq...@lucent.com> on 2001/02/12 03:03:48 UTC

problems of installing the source of Xerces-c 1.4.0 on Solaris

I have download xerces-c-src1_4_0.tar.gz.
First, I unzip this file, but when I run 'tar  -xvf  ' to install the src of
Xerces-c 1.4.0 on Solaris, there is always a error like:
tar: directory checksum error

Have I downloaded the correct file?

Many thanks in advance.

-Cindy

RE: problems of installing the source of Xerces-c 1.4.0 on Solaris

Posted by Mark Annal <ma...@targusinfo.com>.
You can run tar -ixvf to ignore the errors but this will leave you with some
truncated file names in the MacOS stuff.

Alternatively use GNU Tar since this extracts successfully.

Posted by Thomas Norton <to...@ndtechnologies.com>.
Use gnu's version of tar (gtar).  The Solaris version is not compatible.
There has been a lot of discussion on this over the past month.
- Tom