Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/06/21 01:28:29 UTC

[VOTE] New committer: Patrick Luby

Hi all,

Patrick is a Tomcat committer who plans to contribute new code to the
commons-daemon module (and he's actually mentioned in the status
document). I can commit his code for him, at which point karma would
probably be granted to him, but I think it would be easier is he just
did it himslef.

Please send your +1s if you agree (he has mine).

Daemon will likely become an important component of the next major
Tomcat version, so expect some activity there.

Remy

Re: [VOTE] New committer: Patrick Luby

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
+1

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: [VOTE] New committer: Patrick Luby

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
+1

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:19:16 -0700
> From: Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] New committer: Patrick Luby
>
> Michael A. Smith wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> >
> >>Patrick is a Tomcat committer who plans to contribute new code to the
> >>commons-daemon module (and he's actually mentioned in the status
> >>document). I can commit his code for him, at which point karma would
> >>probably be granted to him, but I think it would be easier is he just
> >>did it himslef.
> >>
> >>Please send your +1s if you agree (he has mine).
> >

> > It doesn't matter.  If he's a jakarta committer, he can get access to
> > the sandbox just by asking, no vote needed (daemon is still in the
> > sandbox).
>
> Ok, good. I wasn't aware of that rule. Can someone give him karma on the
> sandbox then if he doesn't have it ?

Done.

Craig

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Michael A. Smith wrote:
>

>>Been waiting for activity for a while now.  For daemon and for that
>>"wrapper" component that was proposed:
>>http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=5400
>

> Sorry, I had very little time - the wrapper proposal got the votes, but
> we didn't moved the code.

Note also the TomcatMonitor messages in Tomcat and Httpd lists.
The actual code in jakarta-commons-sandbox/daemon uses some piece of the
httpd-2.0 code.

Posted by co...@covalent.net.

Posted by "Michael A. Smith" <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Patrick is a Tomcat committer who plans to contribute new code to the
> commons-daemon module (and he's actually mentioned in the status
> document). I can commit his code for him, at which point karma would
> probably be granted to him, but I think it would be easier is he just
> did it himslef.
>
> Please send your +1s if you agree (he has mine).

It doesn't matter.  If he's a jakarta committer, he can get access to
the sandbox just by asking, no vote needed (daemon is still in the
sandbox).

> Daemon will likely become an important component of the next major
> Tomcat version, so expect some activity there.

Been waiting for activity for a while now.  For daemon and for that
"wrapper" component that was proposed:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=5400

michael

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.