Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Krister Nilsson <kr...@pensionsmyndigheten.se> on 2020/10/27 10:33:39 UTC

trying to understand behaviour of Constant Throughput Timer

Hello!

I have a test plan schematically looking as below. Since I have two Bean Shell Samplers which I do not want to be affected by the Constant Throughput Timer, I have put the CTT as children to all the HTTP requests. It has the desired effect as far as not affecting the Bean Shell Samplers.

However, I am surprised as the CTT does not add a delay for all HTTP requests, only for the HTTP request which is used most frequently (i.e. having the highest percentage set in Throughput Controller). Let's call that request "HTTP request 1". Any other HTTP request gets no delay, no matter if it is executed in the same loop as "HTTP request 1" or by itself in a loop or together with some other HTTP request (than #1) in the same loop.
The same property and tpm is used for all CTTs.
Someone who can straighten this out for me?

Thread group
|__ Once only controller
        |__ Bean shell sampler
|__ Switch controller (A or B)
        |__ Simple controller A
               |__ Throughput controller 1
                      |__ CSV Data set config 1
                              Bean shell sampler X
                              Bean shell sampler Y
                              HTTP request 1
                              |__ Constant throughput timer (${__property(tpm)})
               |__ Throughput controller 2
                      |__ CSV Data set config 2
                              HTTP request 2
                              |__ Constant throughput timer (${__property(tpm)})
               |__ Throughput controller 3
                      |__ CSV Data set config 3
                              HTTP request 3
                              |__ Constant throughput timer (${__property(tpm)})
               |__ Throughput controller 4
                      |__ CSV Data set config 4
                             HTTP request 4
                              |__ Constant throughput timer (${__property(tpm)})
        |__ Simple controller B

Best regards
Krister Nilsson

Krister Nilsson / översteprest, prestandatest

IT Fond konto och teknisk plattform
Telefon direkt 010-454 21 97, mobil 072-210 21 97
krister.nilsson@pensionsmyndigheten.se<ma...@pensionsmyndigheten.se>

Pensionsmyndigheten,
Telefon vxl 0771-771 771, fax 08-658 13 00, www.pensionsmyndigheten.se<http://www.pensionsmyndigheten.se/>

P Överväg miljöpåverkan innan du skriver ut detta e-brev.