Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Wiemann, Helge (ESI)" <He...@adp.com.INVALID> on 2023/07/25 09:24:27 UTC

Problem with session timeout

Hi all,

we have a problem that we have set the tomcat timeout to 10 minutes. But after a successful login with a realm, the user is automatically logged out, sometimes after one minute, sometimes other times.

I have downloaded the source code, want to set a breakpoint. Does anybody know a code place in tomcat where I can set a breakpoint when the session timeout is handled?

Best regards,

Helge

 [cid:image001.png@01D9BEEA.8EF13F20] <https://www.de-adp.com/>
Helge Wiemann
Application Developer

Mary-Somerville-Str. 4, DE- 28359 Bremen
T: +49 800 000 6898

Helge.Wiemann@adp.com

[LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/adp>[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/adp_ger>[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/AutomaticDataProcessing>[YouTube]<https://www.youtube.com/user/ADPDeutschland>[Instagram]<https://www.instagram.com/adp/?hl=en>
ADP Employer Services GmbH; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Neu-Isenburg; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach am Main HRB 11980;
Geschäftsführer Martijn Brand (Vorsitzender), Virginia Magliulo; Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: Marcela Uribe

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Re: Problem with session timeout

Posted by "Jonathan S. Fisher" <ex...@gmail.com>.
Find all implementations of Session, then set breakpoiunt on
session.invalidate() would be a good place to start. Another good place
would be your SessionManager as it has several interesting methods.

The JVM's JDI does not allow you to set breakpoint on an interface, but
some IDE's have a magic trick where they'll find the implementations for
you and set the breakpoints on the implementations as they're loaded.

--
Jonathan | exabrial@gmail.com
Pessimists, see a jar as half empty. Optimists, in contrast, see it as half

Re: Problem with session timeout

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Helge,

On 7/25/23 05:24, Wiemann, Helge (ESI) wrote:
> we have a problem that we have set the tomcat timeout to 10 minutes. But
> after a successful login with a realm, the user is automatically logged
> out, sometimes after one minute, sometimes other times.
>
> I have downloaded the source code, want to set a breakpoint. Does
> anybody know a code place in tomcat where I can set a breakpoint when
> the session timeout is handled?

If you just want to find out what is killing your session, you could
register an HttpSessionListener and dump stack traces to the log any
time a session is either created or destroyed.

Thanks,
-chris