Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/09 06:55:59 UTC

What should be in Tuscany Java SCA release 1.4 ?

It's probably about time we started talking about what's going to be
in Tuscany Java SCA release 1.4. From the past timeline I would expect
us to be trying for a release mid to late November which is not very
far away.

Some of the things I'd like to see in the Java SCA 1.4 release are :

   - New features from GSoC students (e.g GData binding, CORBA biding)
   - Web 2.0 Enhancements
   - OSGI Enhancements
   - Tuscany Eclipse Plugins enhancements to be compatible with new
Eclipse Ganymede release

Please feel free to suggest items that should be included in this
release, and also flag issues in the JIRA system to the Java-SCA-1.4
release.

I'd also like to volunteer myself as Release Manager for the Java SCA
1.4 Release.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: What should be in Tuscany Java SCA release 1.4 ?

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
Luciano Resende wrote:
> It's probably about time we started talking about what's going to be
> in Tuscany Java SCA release 1.4. From the past timeline I would expect
> us to be trying for a release mid to late November which is not very
> far away.
>
> Some of the things I'd like to see in the Java SCA 1.4 release are :
>
>    - New features from GSoC students (e.g GData binding, CORBA biding)
>    - Web 2.0 Enhancements
>    - OSGI Enhancements
>    - Tuscany Eclipse Plugins enhancements to be compatible with new
> Eclipse Ganymede release

A 1.4 release would be nice, especially in the Web 2.0 area. There are
many fixes related to HTTP caching and conditional invocation, Atom
caching and conditional invocation, the Atom JavaScript client, and many
more items.
--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Re: What should be in Tuscany Java SCA release 1.4 ?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I'm not expecting this to be a one person effort, and would invite and
really encourage the whole Tuscany community to join this effort

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I assume the 1.4 release will be made out of the content in trunk?
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

Yes, this is what I had in mind. A 1.4 release from trunk.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can I assume the 1.4 release will be made out of the content in trunk?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Raymond
>

> I do have the same assumption as Raymond, that 1.4 will be made out of the
> content in trunk? Please clarify.
>
> If not, then I would like to suggest few Spring items to be part of 1.4.
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Ramkumar Ramalingam

Hi

There has been much polishing that Ant has been doing on JMS so that should
be in.
I'd like to get some of the policy stuff in, e.g basic auth and the token
sample.
Not sure that there will be enough of request/response binding to release it
but we can decide in a week or so.
Also we should take a look at the release process and try and improve where
we can.

I'm also assuming this will be a release from trunk.

Simon

Re: What should be in Tuscany Java SCA release 1.4 ?

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.