Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aurélien Terrestris <at...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/14 23:04:32 UTC

Re: Mapping Multiple LDAP Groups to a J2EE Role

hi

The JSR 315 ( = Servlet 3.0 , Tomcat 7 ) and JSR 340 ( = Servlet 3.1,
Tomcat 8.0 / 8.5 ) are saying the same thing about multiple names for a
very same role. It's done with a security-role-ref tag, as explained by
these JSR :

**For example, to map the security role reference "FOO" to the security
role with role-name "manager" the syntax would be

<security-role-ref>
<role-name>FOO</role-name>
<role-link>manager</role-link>
</security-role-ref>

In this case, if a servlet called by a user belonging to the "manager"
security role were to call isUserInRole("FOO") the result would be true**

Of course you still need a Realm in the conf/server.xml, a security
constraint and a login-config in the webapp's web.xml

I didn't try myself, but you can ask if you're still in trouble.

best regards
A.T.

Posted by John Trump <tr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. I was able to get it working.