Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Elisa e Pino Armillei <pi...@yahoo.com> on 2012/10/08 19:25:46 UTC

Openoffice crash

Dear sirs
I installed Openoffice  a long time ago and it worked pretty good    until last friday (Oct 5, 2012).
As I worked with a couple of documents a message appeared on the    screen, all of a sudden, saying "Openoffice crushed... try to    restart the SYS."
After a several attempts to restore the software To the original    conditions, since it wouldn't work,
I came to the conclusion that I hade to uninstall a reinstall it    properly.
As I did it (twice) I also rebooted the SYS.
I then clicked on the "Openoffice" icons on my desktop. The message    window that I get all the times is that (I'm trying to translate    form Italian) :  "To perform the operation you requested you need    higher privileges."
Then it would not allow me to use "Openoffice" anymore.
Actually it opens the Software, to the initial blank document, but    as you start doing something on it the MESSAGE pops up and you have    to exit "Openoffice" because it would not accept any action or    commad.
I havent been able to do anything on the many (actually a lot of    them) documents that I need to modify.
Would you please send a suggestion ?
I would appreciate it a Lot.
Giuseppe Armille (Pino) pinoelisa@yahoo.com

Re: Openoffice crash

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 17:25:46 -0000, Elisa e Pino Armillei
<pi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The message window that I get all the times is that: "To perform the
> operationyou requested you need higher privileges."

check if you have write access to "documents and
settings\username\application data"
or similar directory in your os.

Re: Openoffice crash

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Elisa e Pino Armillei wrote:
> I then clicked on the "Openoffice" icons on my desktop. The message
> window that I get all the times is that (I'm trying to translate form
> Italian) :  "To perform the operation you requested you need higher
> privileges." Then it would not allow me to use "Openoffice" anymore.

Make sure you have proper privileges (did you install as administrator?).

If you still have problems, it might be easier for us to discuss on the
two support channels for Italian users. They are both managed by
volunteers and they are: the forum at http://forum.openoffice.org/it and
the mailing list ooo-utenti-it (subscribe by sending an empty message to
ooo-utenti-it-subscribe@incubator.apache.org and then send your
questions to ooo-utenti-it@incubator.apache.org ; you will also receive
questions and answers from other users).

> I havent been able to do anything on the many (actually a lot of
> them) documents that I need to modify.

Use the portable version at
http://www.winpenpack.com/en/download.php?view.1341 ; it doesn't require
installation and it will work for you while you restore the OpenOffice
functionality.

Regards,
   Andrea.