Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Daryl Beattie <Da...@screamingmedia.com> on 2001/05/08 16:49:44 UTC

ApacheSOAP & JMS

Dear Soap Developers,

        Hi, I went through the archives and was reading discussions about
SOAP transport via JMS queues/topics. I was wondering what is currently
going on about this? Is there an implementation currently being worked on to
be released with ApacheSOAP3?
        I think I'm going to fiddle with the MessageDrivenBeanProvider that
Fred J sent to the list and see if I can rig it up to work.

Sincerely,

        Daryl.

P.S. I think a link to the SOAP mailing-list archives should be added to the
xml.apache.org pages... I happened to know where they are (because there's
many other mailing lists there), but I know a lot of people I've had to give
direction to that could have saved time if there was a link on the site.

Daryl Beattie
Java Developer/Research and Development
ScreamingMedia
601 West 26 Street 13 Floor
New York New York 10001
T 212 691 7900 F 212 691 1483
Direct 212 659 1895
www.screamingmedia.com <http://www.screamingmedia.com/>

 <http://www.screamingmedia.com/> ScreamingMedia

ScreamingMedia makes  <http://www.screamingmedia.com/en/press/> headlines

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
I do not believe that Xerces can throw this exception.  In any case, that class is not in xerces.jar.

Therefore, I still believe that some other parser is being used.  I've not used WebLogic, but the Apache SOAP installation instructions for WebLogic include the following:

If you run startWeblogic.cmd, then add following at the beginning of WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH setting at line 74:

    path-to-xerces\xerces.jar;path-to-apache-soap\lib\soap.jar

If you run startWeblogic.sh, add the following to PRE_CLASSPATH setting at line 33:

    path-to-xerces/xerces.jar:path-to-apache-soap/lib/soap.jar
<<<<

If you have done this and are still getting the error, I would also suggest you check $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext for another parser.

Scott

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

> Naggi Rao wrote:
>
> hello everyone.
> I am sure that I have Xerces 1.3.1 in the classpath but I am getting a
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError on org/jdom/JDOMException
> Any suggesstions ??
> Would appreciate a bunch...

It is perfectly possible that your JVM is picking up another XML
parser package BEFORE it looks at the classpath. For example, from
the "standard extensions" in
 JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext

In my case it was an old JAXP jar file that caused the trouble.
WBB

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException

RE: ApacheSOAP & JMS

Posted by "Sergei Meleshchuk (LiveZone CA)" <sb...@liza-us.com>.
If please anyone will tell me shat could it be like a problem with soap over
JMS? I've been using XML-RPC over plain MQ Series (os/390 and NT and 2000),
and JMS for everything. Don't think soap introduces new problems. Please
tell me what is hte problem.

Posted by Wouter Cloetens <wo...@mind.be>.
On my todo-list for the last 5 months. :-( Just not getting around to it.
I have a shedload of code ready, but I want to introduce it in the proper
order, and gently. Done correctly, every step should be up for debate with
the many interested parties.

More info on my plans on
http://workspot.net/~zombie/soap/momsoap.html

I've been meaning to at least put my implementation online, but I can't get
my MQSeries server to work properly on Linux. Wish I had an AIX system
around, or the time to set up an OS/2 system. Or, of course, the time to
look into some open source JMS implementation.

bfn, Wouter

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 10:49:44AM -0400, Daryl Beattie wrote:
> Dear Soap Developers,
>
>         Hi, I went through the archives and was reading discussions about
> SOAP transport via JMS queues/topics. I was wondering what is currently
> going on about this? Is there an implementation currently being worked on to
> be released with ApacheSOAP3?
>         I think I'm going to fiddle with the MessageDrivenBeanProvider that
> Fred J sent to the list and see if I can rig it up to work.
>
> Sincerely,
>
>         Daryl.
>
> P.S. I think a link to the SOAP mailing-list archives should be added to the
> xml.apache.org pages... I happened to know where they are (because there's
> many other mailing lists there), but I know a lot of people I've had to give
> direction to that could have saved time if there was a link on the site.
>

> Daryl Beattie
> Java Developer/Research and Development
> ScreamingMedia
> 601 West 26 Street 13 Floor