Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Stan <st...@moohoffa.com> on 2008/09/03 18:59:15 UTC

Re: MYFACES-1761 (Handling PostConstruct annotations - wrong order)?

So for those interested the ticket is still pending as of 1.2.4 although
I have only tested it to 1.2.3. Spring 2.5 introduced the same
functionality so I was able to unmap my annotated managed beans from
faces-config.xml, leaving the @Resource and @PostConstruct annotations,
and set them up in Spring according to their guide:
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/beans.html#beans-annotation-config.

I've actually preferred to map my managed beans in Spring for some time
now so I don't have to worry about maintaining two large xml files. As
of the latest version of Spring and their new annotations there isn't
much for mapping required anymore. Request parameters are pulled via a
utility class:

    protected Object getRequestParameter(String parameter) {
        return
context.getExternalContext().getRequestParameterMap().get(parameter);
    }

Thanks,
Stan