Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by joel cordonnier <jo...@yahoo.fr> on 2000/08/15 14:07:38 UTC

problem with Ant and Tomcat : build.xml

I have download the source code of Ant and Tomcat; In
the file 'build.xml' of Tomcat, line 58, the is the
instruction: javac ..
classpath=${tomcat.build}/lib/xml.jar.

But when I build Ant, I got in the ant directory the
files ant.jar, jaxp.jar and parser.jar, BUT NO file
named xml.jar !?

I realise this when building Tomcat, because I got the
following error:

tomcat/core/HttpServletRequestFacade:java 143
method toDate(java.lang.String) not found in class
org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestUtil

long date = RequestUtil.toDate(value)

Thanks in advance for any help

Joel Cordonnier
France

Re: problem with Ant and Tomcat : build.xml

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

joel cordonnier wrote:

> I have download the source code of Ant and Tomcat; In
> the file 'build.xml' of Tomcat, line 58, the is the
> instruction: javac ..
> classpath=${tomcat.build}/lib/xml.jar.
>
> But when I build Ant, I got in the ant directory the
> files ant.jar, jaxp.jar and parser.jar, BUT NO file
> named xml.jar !?

parser.jar replaces xml.jar in the latest releases so you
should adjust the instruction accordingly.

JAXP is Sun's latest release of the toolkit that formerly
used xml.jar. You can find out more about it at java.sun.com

--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam