Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vicky <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/19 20:22:23 UTC

Migrate xsl into jsp/struts

Hello all,

In my current project we are using xsl which renders
xml into xhtml. Now we need to get rid of xsl code and
replace it with jsp/struts. Is there an easy tool/way
to migrate xsl files into jsps? This is quite huge
project so it won't be possible to start it from
scratch. Any pointes or help would be appreciated.

Re: Migrate xsl into jsp/struts

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
To add to that, you could consider migrating to a struts XSL framework like:
 * stxx - http://stxx.sf.net
 * StrutsCX - http://it.cappuccinonet.com/strutscx/index.php

Then migrate pages as needs require.  This would allow you to do
migration in steps - first write Struts interface, then convert XSL's
to JSP's.

Don

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@boxstuff.it>.
> Now we need to get rid of xsl code and
> replace it with jsp/struts.

Why do you need to do this?

I'd look for a way of getting the xsl transformations to happen via
struts and then add any new bits using struts jsps. If there are any
problems with the xsl and nobody knows how to fix it then, perhaps
replace with JSP. Its hard without knowing the details, but would seem
wrong..

Mark

On 19 Oct 2004, at 20:22, Vicky wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> In my current project we are using xsl which renders
> xml into xhtml. Now we need to get rid of xsl code and
> replace it with jsp/struts. Is there an easy tool/way
> to migrate xsl files into jsps? This is quite huge
> project so it won't be possible to start it from
> scratch. Any pointes or help would be appreciated.

Re: Migrate xsl into jsp/struts

Posted by Je...@bcbstx.com.

Maybe keep the xsl and do something along these lines:

TransformerFactory tFactory =
String stylesheet = "existing.xsl";
String sourceId = "source.xml";
Transformer transformer =
StreamSource(stylesheet));
transformer.transform(
  , new StreamResult(response.getOutputStream()));

Jeff C.

                      "Vicky"
                      <javaxmlsoapdev@y        To:       user@struts.apache.org
                      ahoo.com>                cc:
                                               Subject:  Migrate xsl into jsp/struts
                      10/19/2004 01:22
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Struts Users
                      Mailing List"

Hello all,

In my current project we are using xsl which renders
xml into xhtml. Now we need to get rid of xsl code and
replace it with jsp/struts. Is there an easy tool/way
to migrate xsl files into jsps? This is quite huge
project so it won't be possible to start it from
scratch. Any pointes or help would be appreciated.

The information contained in this communication is confidential, private, proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312)653-6000 in Illinois; (972)766-6900 in Texas; or (800)835-8699 in New Mexico.