Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/03/24 17:29:04 UTC

checkstyle checkstytle-frames.xsl problem

Hi,

I'm trying to use the stylesheet Peter has committed for generating
checkstyle reports (in Excalibur tools/etc/checkstyle-frames.xsl) but am
having some issues.

When I run it, I get :

[style] Processing
E:\Vma\Projets\Encours\ICOM\Icom\development\common\java\target\checksty
le_errors.xml to
E:\Vma\Projets\Encours\ICOM\Icom\development\common\java\target\dist\doc
\checkstyle\delete-me.html

[style] Loading stylesheet
E:\Vma\Projets\Encours\ICOM\Icom\development\common\java\doc\styleshe
ets\checkstyle-frames.xsl

[style]
E:/Vma/Projets/Encours/ICOM/Icom/development/common/java/doc/stylesheets
/checkstyle-frames.xsl:272:65: Warning!
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException Cause:
java.lang.reflect.Invocat
ionTargetException

[repeat last line n times]

This line (272) is :

        <redirect:write file="{$output.dir}/files/{@name}.html">

If I replace it by :

        <redirect:write file="{$output.dir}/files/xxx.html">

There is no more errors, meaning that {@name} is causing the problem.
However, I haven't enough knowledge of Xalan and XSL to find out why ?

Anyone has a suggestion ?
Thanks
-Vincent

Re: checkstyle checkstytle-frames.xsl problem

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:44, Vincent Massol wrote:
> Ok, I've found the problem. It wasn't with Xalan but rather with the
> stylesheet which only works on Unix ...
>
> The reason is my @name is E:\Vma\......
>
> and thus Xalan tries to create the file
> {$output.dir}/files/E:\Vma\....html, which of course is not valid. Thus,
> we need to modify the stylesheet to support windows ... I can try but my
> knowledge of XSLT is limited ... :-)
>
> I guess all you guys are running unix, right ? :-)

Sorta - I only build the reports under unix ;)

Anyways I fixed it now - I think ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

"You know what a dumbshit the 'average man' on the street is? Well, by
definition, half of them are even dumber than that!"
					J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

RE: checkstyle checkstytle-frames.xsl problem

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Thanks Jeff. However it does not work as name is not a variable but an
attribute of the XML. Here's what happens when I use $name :

[style] Processing
E:\Vma\Projets\Encours\ICOM\Icom\development\common\java\target\checksty
le_errors.xml to
E:\Vma\Projets\Encours\ICOM\Icom\development\common\java\target\dist\doc
\checkstyle\delete-me.html

[style] Loading stylesheet
E:\Vma\Projets\Encours\ICOM\Icom\development\common\java\doc\styleshe
ets\checkstyle-frames.xsl

[style] : Fatal Error! org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException:
Could not find variable with the name of name Cause:
org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: Could not find variable
with the name of name

[style] Failed to read stylesheet
E:\Vma\Projets\Encours\ICOM\Icom\development\common\java\doc\s
tylesheets\checkstyle-frames.xsl

[style] Failed to process
E:\Vma\Projets\Encours\ICOM\Icom\development\common\java\target\checks
tyle_errors.xml

I think it may have more to do with the version of Xalan/Xerces that I
am using ? This stylesheet is checked in at least 2 places : Ant and
Avalon-Excalibur. Thus I imagine it works. However, I've tried to build
the checkstyle-report target for these projects with no success either,
which is why it may have to do with the versions of my jars ?

Any more idea ? Can someone who has succeeded in running it tell me
which jars and which version he uses ?

Thanks
-Vincent

Try