Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2012/03/09 09:52:38 UTC

patches based on Adobe IP? (was: Changes and Graduation...)

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 3:10 AM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
> On 3/8/12 4:02 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> ...If I know that folks are submitting patches based on Adobe IP, I will not
> trust any reports from folks who don't seem to care and will feel compelled
> to look myself...

What do you mean by "patches based on Adobe IP"?

Did people commit code that they don't own or suggest patches based on
code that they don't own?
Where exactly? (URLs)

> ...I am basically saying that I think it is a bad practice to be making
> modifications to files containing IP that isn't cleared because you are then
> taking a chance that something that is never cleared gets back in...

Does this mean there are files in Flex's svn that contain IP that
hasn't been cleared?

I'm probably missing context here, trying to understand.

-Bertrand (with my mentor hat on)

Re: patches based on Adobe IP? (was: Changes and Graduation...)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Did people commit code that they don't own or suggest patches based on
> code that they don't own?
I did suggest some improvements to a file that hasn't been donated by Adobe yet. No patches have been supplied or code committed to SVN.

> Does this mean there are files in Flex's svn that contain IP that
> hasn't been cleared?
To my knowledge no one has submitted any patches that would have any IP issues and there's nothing committed to SVN that hasn't been cleared.

Sorry for the confusion here I was just trying to support (and improve) a suggested improvement to the HTML template file which hasn't been cleared (or submitted into SVN) by Adobe as yet.

Thanks,
Justin