Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by SudeepShakya <sh...@live.com> on 2012/03/26 10:46:21 UTC

Creating a submit form which takes date and a string as input and displays the data from database(mysql) using simple jdbc

I am new to wicket and also to webframeworks. i am creating an app, which has
a homepage and when a link is clicked, it should display a form which takes
two dates and a string as input and retrieves data from database.
Thanks in advance.
I tried to learn from 'wicket in action' but the example codes do not work
much wicket 1.4.

Re: Creating a submit form which takes date and a string as input and displays the data from database(mysql) using simple jdbc

Posted by SudeepShakya <sh...@live.com>.
I have used Date.valueOf(String). But submitting the form Null Pointer
Exception is thrown.

While submitting i have created an object of Application.java and the class
with getter and setters.

Posted by "Richard W. Adams" <RW...@UP.COM>.
Just parse the date string into a Timestamp. That's Java, not Wicket.

"RAM /abr./: Rarely Adequate Memory."

From:   SudeepShakya <sh...@live.com>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   03/26/2012 11:03 PM
Subject:        Re: Creating a submit form which takes date and a string
as input and displays the data from database(mysql) using simple jdbc

I want to know how to input date into database using form. I am using
Timestamp in mysql.

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.
> I want to know how to input date into database using form. I am using Timestamp in mysql.

The Wicket-related psrt of that question is that you use a TextField<Date> with a model, and you then get the model object value in onSubmit() and use normal SQL to insert or update.

- Tor Iver

Posted by SudeepShakya <sh...@live.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/dates/

Posted by SudeepShakya <sh...@live.com>.

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Have you looked at the examples from the website?

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.
Hi,

what exactly is your problem? What problems are you having so far?