Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Haisheng Yuan <hy...@apache.org> on 2021/10/06 07:15:24 UTC

[DISCUSS] Draft board report for Oct 2021

Attached below is a draft of this month's board report. I plan to submit it on Oct 12. Please let me know if you have additions or corrections.

The mission of Calcite is the creation and maintenance of software related to
Dynamic data management framework

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Calcite was founded 2015-10-21 (6 years ago)
There are currently 53 committers and 23 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Ruben Q L on 2020-08-09.
- No new committers. Last addition was Vladimir Ozerov on 2021-06-23.

## Project Activity:
No new version was released.

At ApacheCon 2021, September 22, 2021, Vladimir Ozerov gave a talk on building
modern SQL query optimizers with Apache Calcite.

At Strange Loop 2021, September 30, 2021, Julian Hyde gave a talk on Morel,
a functional query language.

## Community Health:
The overall activity in the community has increased slightly in the past
few months, specifically 47% more opened PRs, 25% more closed PRs on GitHub.
But the number of active reviewers still remains small.

Thanks,
Haisheng Yuan

Re: [DISCUSS] Draft board report for Oct 2021

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me. Thank you for your job, Haisheng!

Best,
Chunwei

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>.

Posted by JiaTao Tao <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your job, Haisheng.
Looks like the format dose not meet your expectations if you were
except markdown syntax.

Regards!

Aron Tao

Haisheng Yuan <hy...@apache.org> 于2021年10月7日周四 下午1:29写道: