Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Lars Hammer <ha...@dezide.com> on 2003/08/22 10:08:17 UTC

Hits not serializable?

Has anyone experimented with using EJB's for carrying out searches? I'm thinking of using an EJB for carrying out the searches and return the hits to a JSP page, which handles displaying of the results.
But Hits isn't serializable, so it cannot be used for sending across the network from for example JBoss to Tomcat.

Does anyone has any experience with using Lucene through EJB's ....

Thanks in advance

/Lars Hammer

www.dezide.com

Re: Hits not serializable?

Posted by Lars Hammer <ha...@dezide.com>.

> The Hits collection needs to get back to the index itself to retrieve
> Documents.  My strategy has been to collection all the Documents from
> Hits as a List of Maps, and hand that back across a session bean
> boundary.

Sounds like fair solution to me -maybe I'll do that.

> I will look at ejindex in detail in the near future to see how it works.

I too will look into ejindex in the near future.

-Thanks for the input!

/Lars Hammer

Re: Hits not serializable?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
The Hits collection needs to get back to the index itself to retrieve
Documents.  My strategy has been to collection all the Documents from
Hits as a List of Maps, and hand that back across a session bean
boundary.

I will look at ejindex in detail in the near future to see how it works.

	Erik

Re: Hits not serializable?

Posted by Kelvin Tan <li...@relevanz.com>.
You'll want to checkout Andy Scholz's excellent
http://ejindex.sourceforge.net/. It's an EJB implementation of a layer built on
top of Lucene to allow for distributed searching.