Posted to builds@apache.org by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> on 2019/05/13 22:00:48 UTC

Re: repository.apache.org - Re: Blocking Polaris Alpha Traffic to Apache

It’s more that people use nexus aka repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/> (RAO) as a generic artifactory server, and then all builds end up asking RAO for objects, which causes the ban. There really should be no need for anyone other than project committers or an extremely limited subset of people testing pre-release artifacts to be touching RAO. Not really sure how to address this more holistically. Maybe limit access to the artifacts to authenticated users? Just spitballing here, adding builds@ to the list as well. I’m not aware of other use cases.