Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Neumann <ne...@karto.baug.ethz.ch> on 2005/02/25 11:25:25 UTC

problem with svg font (converted by fontforge converter)

Hello,

I have a problem with a svg font file (generated by the fontforge
converter http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/), originally converted from
an otf font.

It crashes the CVS version of Batik, but works with the 1.5.1 release
version.

The file with the problem is available at
http://www.carto.net/neumann/temp/CisalpinLTStd-Regular.svg

If I convert the same font with the Batik font converter, it works. One
of the differences between the Batik and the fontforge converter is the
kerning information and some additional information in the font-element.

Does someone has an idea what is going wrong? I could provide the
original otf or ttf fonts for testing as well.

Andreas

PS: I tested on MacOSX and Linux with the same results.

Andreas Neumann - Institute of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/

Re: problem with svg font (converted by fontforge converter)

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Neumann wrote:

> I have a problem with a svg font file (generated by the fontforge
> converter http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/), originally converted from
> an otf font.

    This is now fixed in CVS (the problem was kern elements that had
multiple values in the g1/g2/u1/u2 attributes).

   Also note that I implemented the getTotalLength, and getPointAtLength
methods on the SVGPath element.

   Enjoy!

PS. In the future it is probably best to report these things using
Buzilla, that way if I forget about the note I will remember the
problem when I do a sweep of Bugzilla bugs (which I try to do
every couple of months, and at least before releases).