Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Blake Martin <bl...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/13 15:42:00 UTC

Velocity chokes on ${not empty user}

I'm attempting to create an archetype.

One of my JSP's contains the following el expression: ${not empty user}

I tried escaping the $, but Velocity chokes anyways.

Any ideas?

Re: Velocity chokes on ${not empty user}

Posted by Blake Martin <bl...@gmail.com>.
OK, my el expression in my JSP now looks like: $dollar{not empty user}

And for the first line of pom.xml in archetype-resources, I have:
#set($dollar = '$')

The process blows up with the same exact error message.

Posted by Blake Martin <bl...@gmail.com>.
Ah, I used $dollar instead of ${dollar}.

It works now. Thank you, Wendy!

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.