Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mond Raymond <mo...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/27 21:36:40 UTC

Re: Abstracting Routes using Components

Any more news on this?

Re: Abstracting Routes using Components

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@fusesource.com>.
2011/3/1 Björn Bength <bj...@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 09:10 +0000, James Strachan wrote:

>> > Ashwin already committed a camel-routebox component[1] into the Camel 2.6.0,
>> > and we will release it shortly.
>> >
>> > [1]https://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/routebox.html
>>
>> There's also a simpler to use implementation, using the CamelContext
>> as the 'component' and a simple naming convention:
>>
>> http://camel.apache.org/context.html
>>

> Hi,
>
> It's not possible to "connect" to another camel context via OSGi right,
> as they're not exposed like that?
> Or would it be advised to just use jms, nmr or vm in that case?
> Else I could possibly imagine some use cases for it.

Right now we've only really tested out the camel-context approach in a
pure Spring ApplicationContext. In principle the same idea could work
in OSGi too; though one added complication is inside a Spring
ApplicationContext we know that the CamelContext ids are unique so can
be used as a URI scheme. This isn't really the case when you look at
an entire OSGi container with many bundles being deployed.

You could use blueprint/spring-dm to lookup a CamelContext in OSGi and
create a smart proxy to it  and assign it an id - then use that id
with the camel-context code as shown in the Spring example above. Or
we could introduce a new component which looks up a CamelContext in
OSGi; though for now its probably simplest to just use the ServiceMix
Registry (the NMR) to refer to endpoints inside different OSGi
bundles.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration

Re: Abstracting Routes using Components

Posted by Björn Bength <bj...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 09:10 +0000, James Strachan wrote:
> On 28 January 2011 07:19, Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 1/28/11 4:36 AM, Mond Raymond wrote:
> >>
> >> Any more news on this?
> >
> > Ashwin already committed a camel-routebox component[1] into the Camel 2.6.0,
> > and we will release it shortly.
> >
> > [1]https://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/routebox.html
>
> There's also a simpler to use implementation, using the CamelContext
> as the 'component' and a simple naming convention:
>
> http://camel.apache.org/context.html

Hi,

It's not possible to "connect" to another camel context via OSGi right,
as they're not exposed like that?
Or would it be advised to just use jms, nmr or vm in that case?
Else I could possibly imagine some use cases for it.

regards
bjorn

Re: Abstracting Routes using Components

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@fusesource.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 1/28/11 4:36 AM, Mond Raymond wrote:

> Any more news on this?

Ashwin already committed a camel-routebox component[1] into the Camel
2.6.0, and we will release it shortly.

[1]https://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/routebox.html

--
Willem