Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by 王瑜 <wa...@nfs.iscas.ac.cn> on 2013/04/15 05:11:22 UTC

How should I set mapred.mesos.executor?

Hi All,

I have download the newest trunk, set up mesos and it works well.
When I deploy hadoop, I have upload mesos-executor to hdfs /user/root/mesos-executor, then how should I set mapred-site.xml?

  <property>
    <name>mapred.mesos.executor</name>
#    <value>hdfs://hdfs.name.node:port/hadoop.zip</value>
    <value>hdfs://user.root.mesos-executor</value>
  </property>

Is the above right? Thanks very much!

Wang Yu

回復: Re: How should I set mapred.mesos.executor?

Posted by 王瑜 <wa...@nfs.iscas.ac.cn>.
Get it. Thanks very much for your patient explanation!
發件人: Vinod Kone
發送時間: 2013-04-15 11:28
收件人: mesos-dev; wangyu
主題: Re: How should I set mapred.mesos.executor?
Hi Wang,

The value should be "hdfs://<hdfs name node's ip>/path/to/mesos-executor"

So if the hostname of your hdfs namenode is "xyz.com", the above would be

"hdfs://xyz.com/user/root/mesos-executor"

hope this helps,

@vinodkone

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM, 王瑜 <wa...@nfs.iscas.ac.cn> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have download the newest trunk, set up mesos and it works well.
> When I deploy hadoop, I have upload mesos-executor to hdfs
/user/root/mesos-executor, then how should I set mapred-site.xml?

>   <property>
>     <name>mapred.mesos.executor</name>
> #    <value>hdfs://hdfs.name.node:port/hadoop.zip</value>
>     <value>hdfs://user.root.mesos-executor</value>
>   </property>
>

> Is the above right? Thanks very much!
>
> Wang Yu

-- Vinod

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wang,

The value should be "hdfs://<hdfs name node's ip>/path/to/mesos-executor"

So if the hostname of your hdfs namenode is "xyz.com", the above would be

"hdfs://xyz.com/user/root/mesos-executor"

hope this helps,

@vinodkone

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM, 王瑜 <wa...@nfs.iscas.ac.cn> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have download the newest trunk, set up mesos and it works well.
> When I deploy hadoop, I have upload mesos-executor to hdfs
/user/root/mesos-executor, then how should I set mapred-site.xml?

>   <property>
>     <name>mapred.mesos.executor</name>
> #    <value>hdfs://hdfs.name.node:port/hadoop.zip</value>
>     <value>hdfs://user.root.mesos-executor</value>
>   </property>
>

> Is the above right? Thanks very much!
>
> Wang Yu

-- Vinod