Posted to dev@gearpump.apache.org by Kam Kasravi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/15 23:55:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Gearpump-0.8.2-incubating [RC1]

Hi Gearpump Community

This is a call for a discussion releasing Apache Gearpump
0.8.2-incubating, release candidate 1. This is the second release candidate.

The source and binary tarballs, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found
at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/gearpump/0.8.2-incubating/RC1/

The tag to be voted upon
is https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-gearpump.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/0.8.2-RC1

The release hash
is https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-gearpump.git;a=tree;h=0cb5b831bcc77eb578359e95e8f735147a0051d1;hb=refs/tags/0.8.2-RC1

Release artifacts are signed with the following
key:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/gearpump/KEYS

The KEYS file is available
here:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/gearpump/KEYS

For information about the contents of this release
see:https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-gearpump.git;a=blob;f=CHANGELOG.md;h=a696d5cdce827b91687d9155e0aec43dd7c4d478;hb=refs/tags/0.8.2-RC1

This vote will be open for 72 hours (Fri, November 18, 2016 at 4:00PM PST).

Please download the release candidate and evaluate the necessary items
including checking hashes, signatures, build from source, run the
binary artifacts in the binary release and test.
Please vote:

[ ] +1 Release this package as gearpump-0.8.2
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because because...

Thanks,
Kam

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Gearpump-0.8.2-incubating [RC1]

Posted by Manu Zhang <ow...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kam,

I can't find license items for a bunch of jars in LICENSE

*lib/services*
async-http-client-1.9.33.jar
bootstrap-3.3.6.jar (version not match)
core_2.11-0.2.5.jar

*lib/storm*
commons-io-2.4.jar
disruptor-2.10.4.jar
hadoop-auth-2.4.0.jar

*lib/yarn*
apacheds-i18n-2.0.0-M15.jar
apacheds-kerberos-codec-2.0.0-M15.jar

In the LICENSE file, it says

"The text of each license is also included at
licenses/LICENSE-[project].txt." but the licenses folder are not included
in the binary release file

Could you please check ?

Manu

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Kam,

It sounds good.

Let me rebase and take a look.

Thanks !
Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Gearpump-0.8.2-incubating [RC1]

Posted by Kam Kasravi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB

Posted by Kam Kasravi <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Kam

Posted by Kam Kasravi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks JB, we'll do so and may need an additional RC. I wish there were a

Posted by Manu Zhang <ow...@gmail.com>.
It's my mistake for not having seen that those missing licenses are
actually Apache Licenses.
There are some issues left which I created a PR
https://github.com/apache/incubator-gearpump/pull/113 for.

Cheers,
Manu

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.