Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Skrzypek, Jonathan" <Jo...@gs.com> on 2018/06/01 10:28:33 UTC

RE: [VOTE] KIP-235 Add DNS alias support for secured connection

Hi,

I have updated the PR to leverage an enum to drive client dns lookup behaviour.

There are only 2 options for now, but this could be extended to support other behaviours (see attached from KIP-302 thread).
2 current options :

resolve.canonical.bootstrap.servers.only : perform canonical name resolution on items of bootstrap.servers
disabled : current default behaviour, no lookup - this is the default value

As usual naming things is hard so happy to take suggestions.

https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/4485

Jonathan Skrzypek