Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rania Saghira <Ra...@trax.aero> on 2009/03/03 16:22:25 UTC

Fop 0.95 not adding a line when table row breaks at the end of page

Hello,

I am having an issue with FOP 0.95 that did not exist in FOP  0.20.5.
When a table row breaks at the end of the page, no line is added at the end of the row nor at the begining of the row in the following page. As a workaround I have added empty table headers and footers to some of the tables in my .xsl files. Problem is that now, I have rtf files that are converted to .fo files and then these .fo files are converted to PDF using FOP. Since I cannot control the .fo output (to add the table headers and footer) and in rtf I can only have table header but no table footers, I was wondering if there is anything that I can set in the new FOP 0.95 to fix this problem. Note that I tried creating a PDF from the .fo file using FOP 0.20.5 and the problem was resolved. Please see the attachments for reference.

Any help is really appreciated.

Best Regards,
Rania

RE: Fop 0.95 not adding a line when table row breaks at the end of page

Posted by Rania Saghira <Ra...@trax.aero>.
How can I make all the table-cells have this property set to retain by default, without having to write it in each one of them.
Is there any way to do that,,

On 03 Mar 2009, at 16:22, Rania Saghira wrote:

Hi

> I am having an issue with FOP 0.95 that did not exist in FOP  0.20.5.
> When a table row breaks at the end of the page, no line is added at
> the end of the row nor at the begining of the row in the following
> page. As a workaround I have added empty table headers and footers to
> some of the tables in my .xsl files.

Not necessary. The reason is that border-*-width.conditionality has an initial value of 'discard', which causes the border to be discarded at breaks. Just specify an explicit:

border-after-width.conditionality="retain"

and you should be fine.

HTH!

Andreas

Re: Fop 0.95 not adding a line when table row breaks at the end of page

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.