Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/01 20:45:29 UTC

Re: [jr3] Codename

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's have a quick poll on these at
> http://www.doodle.com/zpnpmcv69pfaw73f. Please pick your favorites! If
> a reasonable consensus emerges on one of the alternatives, then we'll
> simply pick that one. Otherwise we'll have a followup vote on the two
> most popular alternatives.

Blackrabbit is currently leading at 15 likes (71% of participants),
with Oak at 8 (38%) and Jonsai at 7 (33%) coming next. All other
alternatives are liked by less than 15% of participants so far, so
we'll drop those.

Looking deeper at the results I see that 6 out of 7 people who like
Jonsai also like Blackrabbit, so it's safe to drop also Jonsai out
since it seems that most who like it would also be happy with the more
popular Blackrabbit.

That leaves us with Blackrabbit and Oak. Since Oak was added a bit
later and not everyone who participated in the poll has yet indicated
whether they like it or not, I'm leaving the poll open for a bit
longer. Unless the support for Oak rises notably closer to that of
Blackrabbit, we'll just go with Blackrabbit. If it does, we'll have a
more formal vote over the weekend on the two candidates.

BR,

Jukka Zitting