Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by John <jo...@quivinco.com> on 2013/05/31 18:09:48 UTC

Tapetsry JPA locks up?

Hi,

We have an app that works fine on development and UAT systems, but deployed to a Windows 2008 R2 Server the JPA layer just seems to block. I can even remove or put junk in persistence.xml and that doesn't seem to throw anything.

It's all quite bizarre and mysterious? Can this be to do with the Java version or OS?

John

Error Code: 0
[ERROR] ioc.Registry Error invoking service contribution method org.apache.tapestry5.jpa.JpaModule.startupEarly(EntityManagerManager, boolean): Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.4.1.v20121003-ad44345): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
Error Code: 0
[ERROR] ioc.Registry Operations trace:
[ERROR] ioc.Registry [ 1] Realizing service RegistryStartup
[ERROR] ioc.Registry [ 2] Instantiating service RegistryStartup implementation via org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.RegistryStartup(Logger, List) (at RegistryStartup.java:36) via org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.services.TapestryIOCModule.bind(ServiceBinder) (at TapestryIOCModule.java:49)
[ERROR] ioc.Registry [ 3] Creating plan to instantiate org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.RegistryStartup via public org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.RegistryStartup(org.slf4j.Logger,java.util.List)
[ERROR] ioc.Registry [ 4] Determining injection value for parameter #2 (java.util.List)
[ERROR] ioc.Registry [ 5] Collecting ordered configuration for service RegistryStartup
[ERROR] ioc.Registry [ 6] Invoking org.apache.tapestry5.jpa.JpaModule.startupEarly(EntityManagerManager, boolean) (at JpaModule.java:183)
[ERROR] TapestryIOCModule.RegistryStartup Construction of service RegistryStartup failed: Error invoking service contribution method org.apache.tapestry5.jpa.JpaModule.startupEarly(EntityManagerManager, boolean): Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.4.1.v20121003-ad44345): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException

Re: Tapetsry JPA locks up?

Posted by John <jo...@quivinco.com>.
It turned out to be because there were 2 persistence.xml files in the deployment.
  > Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that
  the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

  This is completely related to PostgreSQL configuration, you better ask at
  their mailing lists.

  You should tune your pg_hba.conf

  --
  Dmitry Gusev