Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Paul Bourke <pa...@bourke.gen.nz> on 1997/04/06 04:00:04 UTC

suexec/319: suexec and server side includes

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Wed Apr 09 12:00:03 PDT 1997

>Number:         319
>Category:       suexec
>Synopsis:       suexec and server side includes
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I've been using Apache for many years now and recently installed
the suexec wrapper stuff. Except for a few initial problems in
the configuration things have been working well. What I want to
know is whether there are restrictions with server side includes.

For example I have a virtual set up as
<VirtualHost IPaddress>
DocumentRoot blabla.co.nz
ServerName blabla.co.nz
TransferLog logs/blabla.access_log
User blabla
Group user
</VirtualHost>

CGI's I have written work fine in this environment but the following
doesn't work
   <!--#exec cmd="ls -lt" -->
while it does work in areas not bounded by suexec.

Why?