Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vincent Bossuet <bo...@free.fr> on 2020/11/06 16:30:11 UTC

can't connect to SOLR with JDBC url

Hi all :)

I'm trying to connect to Solr with JDBC, but I always have
"java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Could not connect to ZooKeeper
localhost:9983/ within 15000 ms" (or other port, depends wich jdbc url I
test).

Here what I did :

   -

   I installed Solr 7.7.2 (i followed install doc here
   <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_2/installing-solr.html>), i.e.
   download, extract, start (without option : bin/solr start). This version of
   Solr is the one I have at work, so i installed the same to test before on
   localhost.
   -

   I added a 'test' collection and the examples xml documents, I can see
   them at this url <http://localhost:8983/solr/test/select?q=*%3A*>
   -

   then I installed DbVisualizer, added driver and a connection, like explained
   here
   <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_2/solr-jdbc-dbvisualizer.html> =>
   the only differences I saw with documentation is that on screencopy with
   the jar to import, versions are differents and there is one more jar in
   solr archive (commons-math3-3.6.1.jar). Also, the jdbc url to use is with
   or without a '/' in the middle (see here
   <http://jdbc:solr//localhost:9983?collection=test>), as this :
   jdbc:solr://localhost:9983?collection=test or
   jdbc:solr://localhost:9983/?collection=test. I don't know if it is
   important...
   -

   and I tried both on Ubuntu VM and Windows 10

So, all seems to be installed correctly, as in documentation, but when I
click on 'connect', always have a timeout. Every website where I found some
info talk about an url with 9983 port, I tried other possibilities (just in
case) but no success...

   - jdbc:solr://localhost:9983?collection=test
   - jdbc:solr://127.0.0.1:9983?collection=test
   - jdbc:solr://localhost:9983/?collection=test
   - jdbc:solr://localhost:9983/solr?collection=test
   - jdbc:solr://localhost:8983/?collection=test
   - jdbc:solr://localhost:8983?collection=test
   - jdbc:solr://localhost:8983/solr?collection=test
   - jdbc:solr://localhost:2181?collection=test
   - jdbc:solr://localhost:2181/?collection=test
   - jdbc:solr://localhost:2181/solr?collection=test

If you have an idea, thanks for help !

Vincent

Re: can't connect to SOLR with JDBC url

Posted by Vincent Bossuet <bo...@free.fr>.
Thank you Kevin, I can now connect (I test with DbVisualiser) with -c
option.
Vincent

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.