Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/03 20:23:55 UTC

Additional flexibility in Axis2 Java2WSDL?

Hi,

We (Apache Tuscany) project uses the Axis2 1.3 Java2WSDL to generate WSDLs
from java interfaces. Now we run into a few issues (please see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2059,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2060).

1) Axis2 automatically exclude the following methods in Utils:

    /**
     * To add the exclude method when generating scheams , here the exclude
methods
     * will be session releated axis2 methods
     */
    public static void addExcludeMethods(ArrayList excludeList) {
        excludeList.add("init");
        excludeList.add("setOperationContext");
        excludeList.add("startUp");
        excludeList.add("destroy");
        excludeList.add("shutDown");
    }

Is it possible to override this list?

2) Axis2 maps a java method with void return into an ONEWAY WSDL operation,
is it possible to override it?

3) Do you have any plan to provide a Java2WSDL facility which conforms the
JAXWS 2.1 spec?

Thanks,
Raymond

Re: Additional flexibility in Axis2 Java2WSDL?

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Raymond Feng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We (Apache Tuscany) project uses the Axis2 1.3 Java2WSDL to generate
> WSDLs from java interfaces. Now we run into a few issues (please see
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2059,
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2060).
>
> 1) Axis2 automatically exclude the following methods in Utils:
>
>    /**
>     * To add the exclude method when generating scheams , here the
> exclude methods
>     * will be session releated axis2 methods
>     */
>    public static void addExcludeMethods(ArrayList excludeList) {
>        excludeList.add("init");
>        excludeList.add("setOperationContext");
>        excludeList.add("startUp");
>        excludeList.add("destroy");
>        excludeList.add("shutDown");
>    }
>
> Is it possible to override this list?
Yes at the moment we cant do that but we can get that working , please
create a JIRA in Axis2 and link TUSCANY issue.

> 2) Axis2 maps a java method with void return into an ONEWAY WSDL
> operation, is it possible to override it?
Nope you can not do. Anyway for such kind of method what do you want
Axis2 to generate ?

> 3) Do you have any plan to provide a Java2WSDL facility which conforms
> the JAXWS 2.1 spec?
Not at the moment :)

Thank you,
Deepal