Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Lance Waterman <la...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/07 07:58:40 UTC

Deployment API

I have taken feedback from Paul Brown and posted the deployment API
specification here - http://wiki.apache.org/ode/Architecture. I have also
checked the "dapi" into the ode scratch area. Note: I fully anticipate the
API and document will need more work.

Lance

Re: Deployment API

Posted by Lance Waterman <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthieu,

Thanks for taking a look. I am currently out of the office for a couple of
weeks and my connectivity will be spotty. I will take a look at the DD as
soon as I get back.

Lance

Re: Deployment API

Posted by Lance Waterman <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthieu,

I have been looking over the DD and am a bit confused as to what is being
used and where. In the DD project there are two implementations ( dd.xsd and
bpeldd.xsd ). It appears that both are used by
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl. The overloaded method "deploy()"
has two implementations. It looks like one method deploys a compiled BPEL
process and uses the dd.xsd ( ProcessDDInitializer ) and the other deploys
an un-compiled BPEL process and uses the bpeldd.xsd ( ProcessInitializer ).
Is this interpretation correct and is this the intent? They appear to be
similar in function to me but I would like to verify.

Thanks,

Re: Deployment API

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
Lance,

I've finished reading the deployment specification and it's really nice!
Thanks a lot for all the work and Paul's review. Personally I'm pretty happy
with the APIs and interactions you described, I'm only concerned about one
thing that could be missing: a deploment descriptor.

I'd agree that, following your document, the deployment descriptor would
probably be useful only for what you described as the "deploy tooling".
However whatever the tooling is, it will need a descriptor to accomplish a
few tasks, mostly finding the EPRs. We have to associate a given partner
link with a service and a port (an EPR). That's the only way give an EPR to