Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Lin Sun <li...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/22 21:15:34 UTC

Re: Eclipse 3.1.1 plugin problems --cannot publish apps

I tried a simple hello war program and cannot publish it via the eclipse plugin.

I am using:

Geronimo 1.0, built a few days ago
Eclipse SDK 3.1.1
WTP 1.0 RC 5 and its prerequisites
Eclipse plug-in, built a few days ago

Anyone able to publish some war file via the plugin?

Thanks, Lin

__________________________________

Re: Eclipse 3.1.1 plugin problems --cannot publish apps

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@yahoo.com>.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1399 is opened.  I hope it can be fixed by
1.0.

--- Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, thats is the problem.  Mind opening a defect for it, so I don't
> forget?
> - sachin
>

> On Dec 22, 2005, at 4:48 PM, Lin Sun wrote:
>
> > Thanks.  After you point out where the log is, I saw the following
> > in the .log file:
> >
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > 	at java.lang.Class.forName1(Native Method)
> > 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java(Compiled Code))
> > 	at
> > org.apache.geronimo.core.GeronimoConnectionFactory.discoverDeploymentF
> > actory(GeronimoConnectionFactory.java:78)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.geronimo.core.GeronimoConnectionFactory.getDeploymentManage
> > r(GeronimoConnectionFactory.java:45)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.geronimo.core.CommandLauncher.setDeploymentManager
> > (CommandLauncher.java:87)
> > 	at org.apache.geronimo.core.CommandLauncher.executeCommand
> > (CommandLauncher.java:61)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.geronimo.core.internal.GeronimoServerBehaviour.doDeploy
> > (GeronimoServerBehaviour.java:233)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.geronimo.core.internal.GeronimoServerBehaviour.invokeComman
> > d(GeronimoServerBehaviour.java:207)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.geronimo.core.internal.GeronimoServerBehaviour.publishModul
> > e(GeronimoServerBehaviour.java:194)
> > 	at
> > org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModul
> > e(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:658)
> > 	at
> > org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModul
> > es(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:738)
> > 	at
> > org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish
> > (ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:596)
> > 	at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.doPublish
> > (Server.java:799)
> > 	at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publish(Server.java:
> > 788)
> > 	at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.PublishServerJob.run
> > (PublishServerJob.java:145)
> > 	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)
> >
> > --- Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Nevermind, I found the problem.  In the future, eclipse plugin
> >> errors/
> >> exceptions can be found in the .log in the workspace metadata.  So
> >> you shouldn't just look for errors in the geronimo log.
> >>
> >> I just published and found a NPE attempting to discover the
> >> deploymentFactory.  Something must have changed in the runtime that
> >> broke me... I'll look into it.
> >>

> >> - sachin

> > thanks,
> >
> > Lin

=== message truncated ===

thanks,

Lin

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Re: Eclipse 3.1.1 plugin problems --cannot publish apps

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@yahoo.com>.
[...]

org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModules(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:738)
	at
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:596)

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@yahoo.com>.
1) launch eclipse using eclipse -clean and use a brand new workspace
2) change to J2EE view.  Define a geronimo server and start it.
3) right click dynamic web projects and select import to import
the hello.war file.  Select default/next for everything except uncheck the "add module to
an ear application" checkbox.
4) right click the hello folder and select run as--run on server.
then I got the "unable to publish error" immediately.

I'll send you the hello.war file in a seperate note to reduce the size of the email to
the list.

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.